Nelson goes over the WHY, WHAT, WHEN, and HOW MUCH it costs to do a home inspection. After you have contract, what's next? Doing your DUE DILIGENCE which includes inspections. This is the best time to find out everything about the home before owning it.
WHY do any inspections at all? A home for a majority of the population will be one of the biggest purchases in their entire life. A property disclosure from the seller is always good information on the history of the home but a home inspection discovers a lot of the past and current problems of the home. Spending $250-450+ on a home inspection for a $100,000+ or more ASSET is well worth the expense.
WHEN do you do inspections? In the Columbia and Lexington SC area, our local contracts include 10 business days to conduct your DUE DILIGENCE meaning you can do all the inspections you want to spend for.
WHAT inspections do you do? The main 3 inspections in the Columbia and Lexington area is the Home Inspection, HVAC, and TERMITE (CL100) inspection. The video goes over more different types inspections that are available depending on the property (like a septic or well inspection).
Home Inspection - It is a general inspection of the structure from the roof (attic) to the crawl space or basement. The inspector looks at the electric, plumbing, appliances that come with the home (not the fridge), and structure of the home. Cost is between $250 -$450+ depending on the size of the home/building
HVAC - Inspection looks at the function of the heating and cooling unit. Cost starts at $100+ depending on how many units need to be inspected.
Termite (CL100) - Inspector makes sure no termites are evident and any damages cost by termites or water. Cost is $100+ varying on inspection company.
#HomeInspection #DueDiligence #HomeBuyingTips #LexingtonSC #RealEstate #EXITRealty #NelsonBermas
Just listed in the Highlands neighborhood located in Northeast Columbia. The homes is located in a cul-de-sac on a pie shaped lot with a very big backyard. This traditional home has hardwoods throughout the main floor of the living room and master dining room. The home has been freshly painted. The updated kitchen has newly installed granite counter tops and stainless appliances. Beside the kitchen is a breakfast eat in.
410 Waterville Dr. in the Highlands has 4 full bedrooms on the second floor. The master bedroom is very spacious with an ample sized master bathroom. The master suite also includes his/hers walk in closets, tub, separate shower, and his/her vanity.
The Highlands neighborhood is convenient to Columbia Northeast shopping and schools. The neighborhood is zoned for Richland 2 schools for Rice Creek Elementary, Blythewood Middle, and Ridgeview High School. The neighborhood has a pool, tennis courts, and playground. The Highlands has an active HOA with a quarterly dues of $75.
Spring is the best time to get your home ready on the market or just to keep it well maintained. If you do these tips annually, you will be quickly ready to get your home on the market for top dollar when the time comes. These tips I am sharing have been proven with the last 16 years of real estate I have been selling homes.
1. Check your DOOR - Evaluate the condition of your door. If your door is exposed to the elements or receives a lot of sun during parts of the day, the paint is weathering away and needs some attention. This is especially necessary when getting your home ready for the market. In our regular daily lives we normally enter through the garage door after parking the car in the garage or driveway so the condition of the front door and porch will tend to be neglected. Remember, when showing home buyers we enter through the front to get the best first impression. A worn out door will not set the tone of a well cared for home and first impression.
2. Check your DOOR HARDWARE - If your door looks bad, likely so will your door hardware. It maybe old and tarnished and will need to get replaced. Check if the key is easily inserted, removed, and locks properly. Sticky locks can slow down our showing process and NOT secure your home well after we are done showing.
3. Paint WOOD TRIM - Most affordable and quickest way to freshen the front entry way of your home. RESALE homes are competing against new construction homes so any painting you do will help enhance your competitive level.
4. POSTS, COLUMNS, and HANDRAILS - Exposed wood or wood product will deteriorate in the course of it’s life if not maintained. This may turn into a costly repair for any custom columns or posts . Rotten wood also will NOT pass the TERMITE INSPECTION (CL100) of your home. Inspect, repair, and maintain annually so won’t cost much more later on or slow down your closing.
5. POWER WASH EXTERIOR - One of the sides of your home will not receive sun and more prone to get mildew. Getting a professionally licensed and bonded power washer is highly recommended. The high pressure can damage your home and your windows breaking the glass seal. A broken gas seal on your window is another costly repair ($200+).
These tips have helped my clients sell their home in the last 16 years of real estate in the Lexington and Columbia area. The FIRST IMPRESSION is the only impression that matters when showing to a home buyer so you need to make it count.
If you are planning to sell your home, call, email, or text me for a NO OBLIGATION Market Analysis of your home. As a client, I can help with providing you PROVEN SELLING TIPS and ADVICE in getting your home sold faster.
Welcome to the premier resource for all real estate information and services in the area. I hope you enjoy your visit and explore everything my realty website has to offer, including Lexington real estate listings, information for homebuyers and sellers, and more About Us, your professional Lexington Realtor.
Looking for a new home? Use Quick Search or Map Search to browse an up-to-date database list of all available properties in the area, or use my Dream Home Finder form and I'll conduct a personalized search for you.
If you're planning to sell your home in the next few months, nothing is more important than knowing a fair asking price. I would love to help you with a FREE Market Analysis. I will use comparable sold listings to help you determine the accurate market value of your home.
New neighborhood developed by ESSEX Homes. Neighborhood located in Lexington, SC with two entrances from Barr Road and Wildlife Road. It is zoned for Lexington One schools with Pleasant Hill Elementary, Pleasant Hill Middle, and Lexington High School. Homes range from the mid $200,000 up to $400,000. The lot sizes range from 0.25 to 1/3 acre lots. Barr Lake front lots available for sale soon in the new phase. Some lots back up to some wetland areas for added privacy. Sidewalks and meandering streets allow for a better curb appeal and lose that "cookie cutter" development feel. ESSEX has done an excellent job in the interior features of the home. It was a pleasure doing my REALTOR RUN of the neighborhood. The homes are spaced very well from each other. Currently BARR LAKE is not filled but construction of the dam is in the process so the lake will return back to it's former glory.
Contact me for more information of these neighborhood. Check out my video tours of BARR LAKE and other neighborhoods.
Thank you for visiting today. If this is your first visit, take your time and look around. I have plenty of information and resources available to you. If you are a return visitor, thank you. I would love to hear from you and tell you how I can serve all your real estate needs.