"Is it a good time to sell your home during the Christmas Holidays?"
Top 10 Ways to Market Your Home in the HOLIDAYS!
- Christmas decorations - Decorate moderately, put out enough decorations through out the home. Don’t over decorate or else it would look too cluttered. Consult with your REALTOR ® before you put it on the market. Always good to have a second opinion and an objective eye to fine tune the home before you show it off.
- SELL the SPACE - Keep decorations off the floor. Remember you are still selling square feet so keep oversized floor decorations to a minimum. Don’t make the home into an obstacle course for buyers to meander through.
- Christmas Mailers - My wife and I send a family picture greeting card for the holidays to friends and family. You could do the same but also include a front picture of your home at night with the christmas lights on. You can send a short note about the family adventures of the year and share that you will be putting your home on the market to begin a new chapter in your family adventures. Include a virtual tour link provided by your real estate agent to see the whole home online. Ask your friends to share with their friends looking to move into the area.
- Facebook - Make an album of your home decorated and post on facebook. Ask your REALTOR ® for the copies of the marketing pictures they took of the home. Share the news of your home coming on the market.
- Ready to Show - The holidays are always a busy time with family gatherings and christmas parties so when an agent calls to schedule to show your home be flexible. Buyers from out of town maybe just visiting for the day and have a limited time frame to see some homes. You don’t want to lose an opportunity!